Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electrostatically actuated plate_How to set prescribed mesh displacement in Electromechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,
Please I need to know basing on what I have to set "Prescribed Mesh Displacement" in Electromechanics module in order to deflect and move an upper plate dealing with electrostatic actuation.
My structure consits of a an upper plate with crab leg flexures (fixed in its four ends), the gnd is set in a plate under it and the air box cover the hole structure.

In Electromechanics module I set:
*Linear Elastic Matireal
*Fixed constrain
*Terminal
*Ground
*Prescribed mesh displacement

In Prescribed mesh displacement I unchek Precscribed z displacement because I need to observe a vertical displacement of the top plate to the lower plate. Nevertheless I still stuck in setting the necessery boundary selection esspeicially when it indicates "not appliquable".

Thank you in advance :)

0 Replies Last Post 19 mar 2015, 07:22 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Héla Mabrouk

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.