Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Varification of viscoelastic beam results by comsol multiphysics 5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

Just to validate a simple model ( Viscoelastic beam in uni axial tension) , I chose generalized maxwell viscoelastic model with one branch only , i.e the model converts into linear solid model with one maxwell unit(young modulus E1 and time constant tau) in parallel with a spring ( young mod E2).

In the case of constant stress(p) as input the analytic formula for creep function 1/E2-[E1/{E2(E1+E2)}]*EXP(-t/tau2) is available . But when i compare the comsol solution with this , there is a mismatch .

As file size was large I attached my model file at ( ftp://ftp.comsol.com/incoming/) Visco_beam can anybody help me out in dealing with this?

Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 28 mar 2015, 02:48 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gaurav Singh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.