Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Selecting Similar Objects

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hii,

I have a model where I have say 2000 objects. 500 of them are circles with a certain diameter. I want to select all of them (and then extrude it) . Is there any way to do the selection automatically instead of manually clicking on each and every circle ?

2 Replies Last Post 1 apr 2015, 07:05 GMT-4
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 1 apr 2015, 03:35 GMT-4
Hi Anup,

you can use in general the selection feature. If your circles have been created by an array operation, you can right there use "create selections" otherwise you can use manually under Component> Definitions an operation like "ball selection" or "box selection" defining a range of coordinates to include objects you want to group.

Best regards,
Sven
Hi Anup, you can use in general the selection feature. If your circles have been created by an array operation, you can right there use "create selections" otherwise you can use manually under Component> Definitions an operation like "ball selection" or "box selection" defining a range of coordinates to include objects you want to group. Best regards, Sven

Posted: 9 years ago 1 apr 2015, 07:05 GMT-4
Dear Sven,

Thank you for the reply. :) I did something similar and my work was done.

Dear Sven, Thank you for the reply. :) I did something similar and my work was done.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.