Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time dependence issue

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Currently I am trying to model heat transfer of a stationary object to another stationary object. I have 2 temperature variables. I solve for the first T variable from time [0, 5000]. Then I want to use that Time stored solution, and insert into my other variable and solve that. When I do this variable T2 has no heat transfer. Any ideas why? I have attached my current model.

Thank you,
Evan

1 Reply Last Post 29 giu 2010, 03:23 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 giu 2010, 03:23 GMT-4
Hi

it is not clear for me what you are trying to do, but normally if you have T and T2 you define where the two HT and HT2 are applied, and you set up the study sequence (by hand) by solving fisrt for T, store the solution, and then for T2, by setting the initial condition T2=T and link it to the previously stored solution

Hope this hels
Ivar
Hi it is not clear for me what you are trying to do, but normally if you have T and T2 you define where the two HT and HT2 are applied, and you set up the study sequence (by hand) by solving fisrt for T, store the solution, and then for T2, by setting the initial condition T2=T and link it to the previously stored solution Hope this hels Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.