Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to duplicate complete components

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I have setup a cell model for analysis using Solid Mechanics, including the usual materials, geometry etc. that also include references to global parameters and materials and now I would like to copy the whole cell definition multiple times to create a larger assembly.
Is there a way of duplicating the cell?
I seem unable to export the whole COMSOL model, only say geometry, and then re-import to create duplicates.
Anyone have any suggestions ....or alternative approaches?
Many thanks
Colin

1 Reply Last Post 27 lug 2015, 06:58 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Blighty

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 27 lug 2015, 06:58 GMT-4
Indeed, it would be useful to be able to copy/duplicate components, in stead of building them from scratch anew, to allow easy comparison of minor model changes.
Indeed, it would be useful to be able to copy/duplicate components, in stead of building them from scratch anew, to allow easy comparison of minor model changes.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.