Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to draw a periodic waveguide?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I have a simple question towards for geometry for which I didn't a lot of search but still confused.
So how do you draw a periodic waveguide that has a simple mathematical expression in 3D?
For example, in this blog of corrugated waveguide
www.comsol.com/blogs/computing-impedance-corrugated-waveguide/
I was looking for some "nonlinear extrusion", but didn't see it.
It would be so nice of you if you could give me a quick answer even with one keyword.

Best,
Cathy

P.S. I think this would be less version related, but I'm using 4.3a

4 Replies Last Post 25 lug 2015, 09:16 GMT-4

Posted: 9 years ago 14 apr 2015, 04:13 GMT-4
How about a parametric curve in axisymmetric 2D geometry? Or by rotating a workplane? See my suggestion attached.

br
Lasse
How about a parametric curve in axisymmetric 2D geometry? Or by rotating a workplane? See my suggestion attached. br Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 14 apr 2015, 13:49 GMT-4
Wow, such a nice work! This is exactly what I'm looking for. I would try it and post my feedback here in case other "rookies" want to have a look.
Wow, such a nice work! This is exactly what I'm looking for. I would try it and post my feedback here in case other "rookies" want to have a look.

Posted: 9 years ago 25 lug 2015, 08:11 GMT-4
Hi,

would you please send me the comsol file of this geometry?

thanks
Hi, would you please send me the comsol file of this geometry? thanks

Posted: 9 years ago 25 lug 2015, 09:16 GMT-4

Please. In Comsol 5.0.
Lasse
Please. In Comsol 5.0. Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.