Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Voltage Frequency Response measurment

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I attach a v4 COMSOL v4 file.It has two physics: Solid Mechanics and Electrostatics.

I am trying to simulate the response of the system when the parameter Vin is and AC voltage. I tried using a Frequency Domain analysis but it does not seem to work. Vin is not becoming an AC voltatge and, therefore, the force "Fes" either.

Can somebody give me a hand with that?

Thanks & have fun!

1 Reply Last Post 11 lug 2010, 04:47 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 lug 2010, 04:47 GMT-4
Hi

I believe it's because you have 2 physics solid and es (electroSTATIC) and the solving should be better segregated.

Then are you allowed to do Frequency Domain on ES ? I believe not from the DOC, not all physics allows all solving methods

If yes, you could apply segregated Frequency Domain to ES (the driving force) and Stationary to solid (the follower). But to do this you need to guide COMSOL on which solver to use on which physics.

To define yourself the solver per physics you should change the "SolidMechanics Advanced" tab "Automatic" to the specific solver. You also will notice that ES does not propose Frequency Domain, a clue that this is not implemented.
So I would rather try a MEF instead to check if the FD applies to the volts of the electric field. And then run only one physics, check that your forces are as expected, and only afterward couple both.

And define your pysics such that you can solve them correctly separate first. i.e in 2D axi the only "free" solid motion is vertical along z

Good luck
Ivar

Hi I believe it's because you have 2 physics solid and es (electroSTATIC) and the solving should be better segregated. Then are you allowed to do Frequency Domain on ES ? I believe not from the DOC, not all physics allows all solving methods If yes, you could apply segregated Frequency Domain to ES (the driving force) and Stationary to solid (the follower). But to do this you need to guide COMSOL on which solver to use on which physics. To define yourself the solver per physics you should change the "SolidMechanics Advanced" tab "Automatic" to the specific solver. You also will notice that ES does not propose Frequency Domain, a clue that this is not implemented. So I would rather try a MEF instead to check if the FD applies to the volts of the electric field. And then run only one physics, check that your forces are as expected, and only afterward couple both. And define your pysics such that you can solve them correctly separate first. i.e in 2D axi the only "free" solid motion is vertical along z Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.