Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"compute" or "update solution"?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I'm confused by using "compute" or "update solution". I set up a coupled model for HT and Fluid Flow, and got a solution at the first time. Then I changed couple of parameters and what to see the results.
At the beginning I used "update solution", but didn't see any difference in the result.
So I tried "compute" and the nightmare started- I never got a solution again. There's always error.

Can someone please tell me when to use "compute" and when to use "update solution"?
Thanks a lot!

5 Replies Last Post 8 ott 2015, 08:24 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 15 mag 2015, 14:00 GMT-4
See Reference Guide, version 5.1, page 922-923.
Jeff
See Reference Guide, version 5.1, page 922-923. Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 15 mag 2015, 16:01 GMT-4
Thanks!
Thanks!

Posted: 9 years ago 7 ott 2015, 04:46 GMT-4
Dear Jeff, I don't have the reference manual. I changed the mesh only of my simulation ( after running first study) and I am thinking what best to do update or compute again. Compute gives error.
Dear Jeff, I don't have the reference manual. I changed the mesh only of my simulation ( after running first study) and I am thinking what best to do update or compute again. Compute gives error.

Posted: 9 years ago 8 ott 2015, 06:40 GMT-4
I have the same problem...and no access to the 5.1 manual. Would you mind copy pasting the relevant infos here ?
I have the same problem...and no access to the 5.1 manual. Would you mind copy pasting the relevant infos here ?

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 8 ott 2015, 08:24 GMT-4
Manuals are accessed through File>Help>Documentation. Use the pdf version of the documentation to get to the page I mention above.
Best,
Jeff
PS: I cannot copy and paste the documentation here since it is part of our product and copyrighted materials that we do not wish to make available other than to our licensees.
Manuals are accessed through File>Help>Documentation. Use the pdf version of the documentation to get to the page I mention above. Best, Jeff PS: I cannot copy and paste the documentation here since it is part of our product and copyrighted materials that we do not wish to make available other than to our licensees.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.