Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

instead of gauss function for doping profile how to change to uniform dope region for diode? Comsol 4.3b

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I was wondering if anybody familar with ComSol multiphysic? I built a diode based on the tutorial from ComSol 3.5 but now i want to make changes to the doped region of n and p. instead of using gauss function for dope profile, i want to make n and p region uniformly dope with depends dopants value. Here is the files I'm current working on

2 Replies Last Post 28 mag 2015, 15:15 GMT-4

Posted: 9 years ago 27 mag 2015, 18:18 GMT-4
In this case, it is simple. Just assign a number to the variable Ndoping, to the domain that you want it to, and set it to 0 or eps in other domains. That's it.
In this case, it is simple. Just assign a number to the variable Ndoping, to the domain that you want it to, and set it to 0 or eps in other domains. That's it.

Posted: 9 years ago 28 mag 2015, 15:15 GMT-4

i tried before but i doesnt seem to understand my command. For example, N = 1E15 * (y<-2) and 0 else where? I replaced N with conditional base on y and reused the p_init and n_init from the tutorial of comsol diode but it still doesn't seem to work. if you could please take a look at my model.
[QUOTE] In this case, it is simple. Just assign a number to the variable Ndoping, to the domain that you want it to, and set it to 0 or eps in other domains. That's it. [/QUOTE] i tried before but i doesnt seem to understand my command. For example, N = 1E15 * (y

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.