Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export to file node in parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I'm investigating eigenfrequencies of a plate with different properties using a parametric sweep. However, I have difficulties exporting the data for post-processing. Currently, I use the export to file node nested in the parametric sweep. The problem is the exported data only picks the number of modes calculated in the first solution (while all modes are calculated). For example, when the first solution has 2 eigenfrequencies, the data exports also only the first two eigenfrequencies for every parametric solutions, while in my case more eigenfrequencies are present at further parametric solutions.

Any suggestions on how to export all data (to matlab), either with the export to file node or any other method?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

Extra information: I'm using the export to file node because the parametric investigation takes some time and I would like to run it at night. I do not use the accumulated probe table since this method seemed to take 15-30 minutes to export to a file after each loop (21 x 16 point probe grid with 2 expressions), while export data does this almost instantly. Sadly, the classkit license I work with does not have the Livelink for matlab.

EDIT (28-07-2015): It seems manually inputting the parameter range from highest to lowest gives all solutions in this case. However, this seems clumsy, since you don't know which parameter value gives the most solutions (although you can predict this usually).

0 Replies Last Post 27 lug 2015, 11:18 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dennis Pennings

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.