Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

why we use two time steps in time dependent solver?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
i am new to comsol and i am wonder why do we use two time steps while solving in time dependent solver.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Aadesh

1 Reply Last Post 26 ago 2015, 02:41 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 26 ago 2015, 02:41 GMT-4
Hi

Range{t0,step,tfinal} but the solver takes steps which it finds appropriate and the solution is stored at the points you have defined. It is also possible to force the solver to use exactly those steps you have defined. Hence, I do not quite understand what you mean by two time steps.

BR
Lasse
Hi Range{t0,step,tfinal} but the solver takes steps which it finds appropriate and the solution is stored at the points you have defined. It is also possible to force the solver to use exactly those steps you have defined. Hence, I do not quite understand what you mean by two time steps. BR Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.