Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem in using Darcy law for merged layers

Ghodsiehsadat Jahanmir

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I have problem using Darcy law for lumped 2 layer. I have three layers in my model that Darcy law is applied for them. I have hydraulic conductivity value for 3 layers. According to one reason, I need to merge two of three layers into one layer. So when I try to use the merged hydraulic conductivity for lumped layer, the pressure I got, Is much lower than that in original case(3 separate layers). it should not be the case.

In another step, when I put the merged hydraulic conductivity for 2 separate layer, I got the same pressure in each layer as original one. I don't know what is the problem.
I attached the formula I used for merged hydraulic conductivity.

I will appreciate any help.

1 Reply Last Post 30 ago 2015, 21:20 GMT-4
Sarah Ji COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 30 ago 2015, 21:20 GMT-4
Dear Ghodsieh,

You can email your questions directly to support@comsol.com as your license is still under maintenance subscription. Our technical engineers will reply you accordingly.

Best Regards

Sarah
Dear Ghodsieh, You can email your questions directly to support@comsol.com as your license is still under maintenance subscription. Our technical engineers will reply you accordingly. Best Regards Sarah

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.