Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Axial flux motor design

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Guys,
I am working on the design of an axial flux motor in 3d in comsol RMM module in ACDC module. Can anyone suggest me how to define the coil of a motor in the RMM module. I am able to use the multi-turn coil feature in simple Magnetic field physics. But when i try to do the same in RMM physics, the study shows error.
I have already designed the full geometry of the motor and tested the same in Magnetic field physics, and the model in working fine including the multi-turn coil function.
But i want to do the same in RMM physics as well, to visualize the rotation of the rotor caused by time dependent magnetic field generated by the col current.
Any help is welcome.
Also, if someone has model for a multi-turn coil in RMM physics, can you share with me.

Thank You

2 Replies Last Post 15 mar 2016, 09:33 GMT-4
Nirmal Paudel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 4 set 2015, 16:12 GMT-4
Hi Tarun,

I suggest to contact our Technical Support at www.comsol.com/contact/support to request an example model related to your project.

Best Regards,
Nirmal Paudel
Hi Tarun, I suggest to contact our Technical Support at www.comsol.com/contact/support to request an example model related to your project. Best Regards, Nirmal Paudel

Posted: 8 years ago 15 mar 2016, 09:33 GMT-4
I am also working on axial flux motor designs and would like some guidance on the use of Comsol for this. The project we are working on is quite involved and we aren't sure Comsol is the best tool to use. Any help you can offer, examples, etc. would be appreciated. Also, we are interested in connecting with persons experienced in using Comsol for axial flux motor engineering to possibly work with us on the project.
I am also working on axial flux motor designs and would like some guidance on the use of Comsol for this. The project we are working on is quite involved and we aren't sure Comsol is the best tool to use. Any help you can offer, examples, etc. would be appreciated. Also, we are interested in connecting with persons experienced in using Comsol for axial flux motor engineering to possibly work with us on the project.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.