Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

heat transfer in a HVDC poewer cable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I have some questions regarding temperature Distribution in HV cable.
I am trying to observe heat Transfer in a cable, I am considering a very simple model , Inner core is a conductor and outer is ground conductor and between is the insulated gas. First, I have coupled EC and HT modules in comsol. I made a 2D model for the cable . I have the constant current value in the core conductor. So what tpye of current source should i select from EC module. Boundry current souce or a normal current source or any other?

Secondly, i am considering the Joule heating effect of the current in the Center conductor So what type of heat source should I select from HT module? When I select A heat source then from General heat source I choose total power Dissipation density the the temperature does not changes.
Can anyone guide me where I am wrong

0 Replies Last Post 1 set 2015, 11:23 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mehran Tahir

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.