Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

some questions about surface tension between deform solid and liquid

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to define the surface tension between solid and liquid, but I found there is no such defination in fsi. But there is defination in tpf. I wonder if I can combine two module to introduce surface tension. Or if there is any other ways to try?

My model is that there is groove in elastic solid, and water is in groove. Stretch the solid, and the solid then the groove will be deformed. I wish I could see the contact angle at solid wall and the the surface tension's influence to the solid's deformaton.

0 Replies Last Post 2 set 2015, 12:05 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Si Chen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.