Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Streamlines and animation for fluid flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I’m using COMSOL in order to simulate interstitial water velocities in an embankment dam. I’m inducing an upstream water level as well as a downstream one. My questions are the following:

1) I want to position a single streamline that will vary with the upstream hydraulic boundary. I can’t figure out how to create it (with coordinate localisations perhaps?).

2) I also want to create an animation that will show the dispersion of interstitial velocities during a period of time. How can I display the time values corresponding to each frame of my animation? I thought there was an option in the layout displaying (with the title, axis, etc.) but there is nothing.

Thank you for your support,

Kevin
Master’s Degree student

0 Replies Last Post 11 set 2015, 12:47 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kevin Dumberry

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.