Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particles statistics in particle tracing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey all,

I am doing a 3D simulation for particle tracing in the tank with flow inside.

In general the simulation is about that water comes into the tank through a hole on the top of the tank and then flows out through a tube at the bottom. And for the particle tracing study I used time dependence.

I set 1000 particles will go into the tank at start, the boundary conditions for the walls were set to 'Bounce', and the outlet was set to 'Disappear'. In additional a 'Drag Force' was applied on the domain based on the previous fluid flow study. In the 'Study' node the previous study results of the turbulent flow inside were also set as conditions for the particle tracing study.

After the simulation, I tried to investigate how many inclusions left in the tank after lets say 100s, so I used global evaluation and turned out the particle were still 1000. However in the animation I made i can clearly see that the number of particles decreased.

Is there something i did wrong or somebody can tell me if there are another ways to do this? Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Sen Lin.

0 Replies Last Post 8 ott 2015, 18:19 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sen Lin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.