Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to update the solution in case of a time dependent study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I am using COMSOL 5.1 and COMSOL 5.1 with MATLAB. I have built a COMSOL model and saved it as a .m file (Please see attachment: "test_modelload.m" ). The model has " Transient Study ". Then I opened COMSOL with Matlab and tried to overwrite the solution of the model inside the "test_modelload.m" by writting the command given below:

b = mphgetu(model);
%Redefining the solution vector
b(1)=1;
b(2)=1;
b(3)=1;

%Overwriting the previous solution vector and creatign a new data set
model.sol('sol1').setU(b)
model.sol('sol1').createSolution()

model.result('pg1').run

but COMSOL with Matlab shows error (Please see attachment: "error_matlab.JPEG").

On the other hand, I tried the same command to update the solution in case of "Stationary Study" then it works.
Can anybody please help me how to update the solution in case of a "Time Dependent Study" ? Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 9 ott 2015, 04:20 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Md Sayeedur Rahman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.