Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

piezoelectric speakers

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have a task about the simulation of a piezoelectric speakers that need your help.

My final target is to simulate the sound pressure level placed above some distance above the speaker in frequency ranging from 100Hz to 20kHz.

To achieve this, I would like to do below step by step,

First, regardless of the acoustic part, how to simulate the harmonic analysis of a bi-morph piezoelectric actuator. To be more detailed, the model is a three-layers composite plate, top and bottom layers
are made by piezoelectric ceramic, the middle layer is made by brass. By driving the piezoelectric plate with sinusoidal voltage with constant amplitude but various frequency ranging from 100Hz to 20kHz,
what does the frequency response/transfer function of displacement at the center looks like?

The followup step is stepping into the acoustic performance. Under above structure, consider the piezoelectric composite plate as the acoustic source, what is the sound pressure level at a specific location above the plate.

It would be very appreciated if you can point me the online examples that I can reference to.

Thanks a lot.

0 Replies Last Post 11 ott 2015, 21:54 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chi Hou Lei

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.