Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surface plasmonic Effects

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do a simulation on the possible surface plasmonic effect on the interface between a metalk and a dielectric for a range of frequencies. Can anyone help me to get started. I am using a COMSOL 3.4 version and so can anyone help me on which module should iI proceed and if you have some works done on it plaese do fwd. it to me.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply Last Post 30 set 2009, 10:58 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 set 2009, 10:58 GMT-4
You can formulate your problem either in RF module or PDE.
Check help menu of the Comsol.
Make yourself familiar with PML and ABC.
Also you need to know either optical constants for your metal or dielectric function, and whether it's changing with the size.

You can formulate your problem either in RF module or PDE. Check help menu of the Comsol. Make yourself familiar with PML and ABC. Also you need to know either optical constants for your metal or dielectric function, and whether it's changing with the size.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.