Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

farfield pattern in 2D axisymmetry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,
I just tried to simulate a simple circular waveguide antenna in 2d axisymmetric RF module. I followed same procedure as the application model (Corrugated Circular Horn Antenna) in RFmodule. actually I have 3 questions.
1- how can I export the 3D farfield pattern based on theta, phi, r and also Etheta, Ephi , Er.... I mean spherical coordinate.I wonder it is based on x, y , z !!!
2- I don't understand the matter of m-angular.Is it necessary to be set because of circular waveguide and 2d axisymmetry? I can not confirm the result with a CST simulation of the same structure.
3) A usual way to see the level of cross polarization of an antenna is to use Ludwig definition. It is a formula of Etheta and Ephi. firstly this is not possible in comsol( no varaible theta and E theta is in 2D axisymmetry), second, when I export the 2D plot of farfield E and then import them to matlab to combine Er and Ephi for achieving Etheta and then combining it to achieve Ludwig definition of cross pol I get wrong results.
in 2D plot of farfield when I change the normal to (1 ,0 ,0) or (1, 1, 0) the peak goes to phi=90. I don't understand why ?

I can upload my file for you if it is necessary. I increase the number of meshes. I draw a bigger circle as the entire domain but non of them were helpful.

0 Replies Last Post 21 ott 2015, 05:25 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Parastoo Taghikhani

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.