Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Joule heating and Radiative Heat Transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am using Joule Heating Module to heat a 3D geometry. I have Al-metal and SiN4 above it, and Air, there voltage is applied to a metal (Al for this case), and I am trying to find effect of radiative heat-that is how much heat is radiated by Si3N4. In Heat Transfer in Solids I have selected surface to surface radiation and also added Diffuse Surface and selected Si3N4 and assigned emissivity as 0.88. Is this enough or is it correct to find radiative heat? I have attached png files to illustrate what I have done. Tnx

1 Reply Last Post 6 nov 2015, 09:19 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 6 nov 2015, 09:19 GMT-5
Hi Tohir,

No need to compute the air domain.
You can also neglect surface-to-surface radiation condition if you don't have radiative echange between surfaces. A simple diffuse surface condition with the ambient temperature can be used in your case.

Best regards

Julien
Hi Tohir, No need to compute the air domain. You can also neglect surface-to-surface radiation condition if you don't have radiative echange between surfaces. A simple diffuse surface condition with the ambient temperature can be used in your case. Best regards Julien

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.