Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing helix geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Ma'am/Sir,

I am trying to mesh helix geometry since last 1 month, but everyday i encounter new errors. So, till date i have seen 15-20 type of meshing errors.

I tried different meshing techniques but all the techniques have without fail generated error.

Can anyone plz help me in chalking out a method or sequence or manner by which i can mesh this helix.

The file size is big so if anyone wants to have a look plz mail me(cdesai@mtu.edu) or post on this thread.

I am attaching image of it for primary reference.

2 Replies Last Post 1 dic 2015, 08:19 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 30 nov 2015, 09:14 GMT-5
Hi Chintan,
You can considerably reduce the file of the .mph file by clearing all solutions (Using the button for that on the Mesh ribbon) and clearing all meshes (Using the button for that on the Study ribbon).
Best regards,
Jeff
Hi Chintan, You can considerably reduce the file of the .mph file by clearing all solutions (Using the button for that on the Mesh ribbon) and clearing all meshes (Using the button for that on the Study ribbon). Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 1 dic 2015, 08:19 GMT-5
Hi,

Have you read through these blog posts? They might help.

www.comsol.com/blogs/improving-your-meshing-with-swept-meshes/

www.comsol.com/blogs/improving-your-meshing-with-partitioning/

Regards
Hi, Have you read through these blog posts? They might help. http://www.comsol.com/blogs/improving-your-meshing-with-swept-meshes/ http://www.comsol.com/blogs/improving-your-meshing-with-partitioning/ Regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.