Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Displacement Error!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, I've just started to use COMSOL for the study of a simple cantilever beam and I'm facing some problems while calculating the eigenfrequencies and the frequency-response. I use the 3D MEMS Module>Solid, Stress-Strain. I create a 300e-6, 50e-6, 5e-6 box. From the Sub-domain menu in Physics I select the default settings for Silicon and from the boundary settings I'm fixing the face 1. In properties I select "large deformation" and "eigenfrequency". Then I let COMSOL solve the problem, and here appears the first issue: I get an apparently good resonant frequency (67Khz) but the z displacement gives 3.37m !!! As I'm a beginner I have a lot of other question, but for the moment I really need help on this specific issues... Thanks...

1 Reply Last Post 1 dic 2015, 07:18 GMT-5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 1 dic 2015, 07:18 GMT-5
Hi,

There are several threads about this, for example

www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/37955

For more details, see the section 'Eigenfrequency Analysis' in the structural mechanics documentation.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, There are several threads about this, for example http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/37955 For more details, see the section 'Eigenfrequency Analysis' in the structural mechanics documentation. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.