Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

acoustic phase array transducer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi every body
I want to model phase array transducer in comsol multiphysics 3.5. I attached schematic of my model. I want to have focus in a specified position in my domain. I outline the step that i took in comsol:

1. first, I import the geometry of transducer in comsol ( include 13 concentric rings) and set c=1500 m/s, rho=1000 kg/m^3
2. In the boundary condition I set the concave part as an pressure amplitude. The pressure amplitude for each ring:

dn=(dni+dno)/2
dni=inside diameter of nth ring
dnp=outside diameter of nth ring
the relative phase of the first element of the nth ring is : ?n=(rn-r1)*2*pi/landa
rn= distance from the middle of the nth ring to the focus
r1= distance from the middle of first ring to the focus
landa= wavelength =c/f (f= frequency)

pn=1e5*[cos(?n)+i*sin(?n)]

3. Then I set other boundary as an radiation to absorb the acoustic wave , set the frequency for example f=300000 Hz , mesh the domain and finally I solve it

I have a focus till the frequency =100000 Hz but the position of focus is not in the place that i want
and when i increase the amount of frequency i don't have even focus.
please help me. any answer would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

With Best Regards,
Fatemeh Sharifi

1 Reply Last Post 15 feb 2016, 05:27 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Fatemeh Sharifi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 15 feb 2016, 05:27 GMT-5
Hi,

I also want help to simulate phase array transducer.

If you already have done then please help to solve it.

I would be grateful for your help

Thanks

Regards
Sagar
Hi, I also want help to simulate phase array transducer. If you already have done then please help to solve it. I would be grateful for your help Thanks Regards Sagar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.