Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ALE Models solved with comsol 5.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys ,
i'm trying to create a model on comsol 5.2 equal to the model on COMSOL_Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian.pdf !!!
I do not know a lot about this program, and I can not understand some things !
1) "Expression Variables
On the Options menu, point to Expressions and then click Subdomain Expressions."
in comsol 5.2 there isn't the Subdomain Expressions ... i think that i need to creare some local variables !! it's true?

2) i don't know how change the Subdomain Settings ... like dweak !!

can someone help me ?

1 Reply Last Post 15 dic 2015, 13:46 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 15 dic 2015, 13:46 GMT-5
Hello Andrea,
The pdf dates back to a much older version of the software. Things are dramatically different in version 5.2.
Things are much more automated nowadays when it comes to moving meshes.
Instead of that pdf, turn to the Reference Manual, version 5.2 (Accessed through File>Help>Documentation), Chapter 18 as a starting point on this topic.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Andrea, The pdf dates back to a much older version of the software. Things are dramatically different in version 5.2. Things are much more automated nowadays when it comes to moving meshes. Instead of that pdf, turn to the Reference Manual, version 5.2 (Accessed through File>Help>Documentation), Chapter 18 as a starting point on this topic. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.