Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

scale

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
Is there any way of changing the interval size for a 1D problem? assume that I have already defined my constants, exprsessions, meshing and everything and I've run program for 1 D line at x=0 to x=1m. now I've decided to run it for interval x=0 to x=10. How can I change interval size in comsole 3.5a? I use scale and write 10, but it gives me error.
I really appreciate your help. I'm a new user.
thanks

1 Reply Last Post 3 ott 2010, 03:23 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 ott 2010, 03:23 GMT-4
Hi

first of all if you are solving a linear FEM model, scaling the element by 10 should scale the result items directly linked, so you should be able to do that simply by the appropriate scaling on the results, where it applies.

Second if you want to scale the geometry, you have the "scale" function, and then if you rerun the case it should scale and solve correctly.

Now in 3.5 you cannot automatically scale the geometry, except if you use the parametric sweep functionality, as normally the geometry is not part of 3.5 internal solver setting loop.

In V4, the "parametric" case loops around the full model, including the geometry, so then you can control geometrical parameters.
In V4 the "internal" looping without touching the geometry is typically obtained by using the Stationary "continuation" field

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi first of all if you are solving a linear FEM model, scaling the element by 10 should scale the result items directly linked, so you should be able to do that simply by the appropriate scaling on the results, where it applies. Second if you want to scale the geometry, you have the "scale" function, and then if you rerun the case it should scale and solve correctly. Now in 3.5 you cannot automatically scale the geometry, except if you use the parametric sweep functionality, as normally the geometry is not part of 3.5 internal solver setting loop. In V4, the "parametric" case loops around the full model, including the geometry, so then you can control geometrical parameters. In V4 the "internal" looping without touching the geometry is typically obtained by using the Stationary "continuation" field -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.