Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transport in diluted species

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I want to break my simulation into different time time intervals, can it be done in comsol?
For example,
my time interval for the simulation is (0,20,100)
can I run the same simulation for (0,10,40) continued by (40,20,100)?
something like this.

3 Replies Last Post 27 dic 2015, 16:15 GMT-5

Posted: 9 years ago 25 dic 2015, 06:25 GMT-5
yes, you can.

in study section: for defining time Interval just add the time that you want.
check the screenshot that I put it here.

Hope it helps.
Sepideh
yes, you can. in study section: for defining time Interval just add the time that you want. check the screenshot that I put it here. Hope it helps. Sepideh

Posted: 9 years ago 27 dic 2015, 03:51 GMT-5
Thanks a lot mam. This will help.
Thanks a lot mam. This will help.

Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 9 years ago 27 dic 2015, 16:15 GMT-5
Note that both time interval options you mentioned request a solution from time 0 to 100. The steps you specify between 0 and 100 do not directly affect the step size taken by COMSOL (they may be bigger or smaller depending on the model). Instead the specified steps determine the times at which results will be stored. If you want to ensure that the solver will not skip over the selected times you should also set “Steps taken by solver” to “Intermediate” or “Strict” to prevent COMSOL from potentially taking too big time steps. That setting is in the Time Stepping section of the Time-Dependent Solver node.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Note that both time interval options you mentioned request a solution from time 0 to 100. The steps you specify between 0 and 100 do not directly affect the step size taken by COMSOL (they may be bigger or smaller depending on the model). Instead the specified steps determine the times at which results will be stored. If you want to ensure that the solver will not skip over the selected times you should also set “Steps taken by solver” to “Intermediate” or “Strict” to prevent COMSOL from potentially taking too big time steps. That setting is in the Time Stepping section of the Time-Dependent Solver node. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.