Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

cannot find out the reason of the error and warning

Sheikh Farhana Binte Ahmed

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am facing the following error and warning. Can anyone tell me why this error is occuring. I am relativey new to comsol.

Error 1:
A problem arose when building mesh feature 'Free Tetrahedral 1'.
Failed to generate mesh for domain.
- Domain: 6
Failed to respect boundary element edge on geometry face.
- Face: 31
- x-coordinate: 7.78982
- y-coordinate: 8.21018
- z-coordinate: 2.2515
Internal error in boundary respecting.
Error in multiphysics compilation.

Warning 1:
Low minimum element quality

1 Reply Last Post 30 dic 2015, 11:48 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 30 dic 2015, 11:48 GMT-5
Hi

it is related to you mesh, often it comes when you have some very small features and side by side some larger structures, then COMSOL might have issues to link smoothly the mesh from the fine region to the gross region.

But its not possible to say more, it's too model dependent, we would need to see the geometry and the mesh to be able to give more ways to get around such errors.

You might try to make the mesh finer or even extra fine, particularly if you can specify some domains around the coordinates proposed, but then you might end up with a RAM and mesh size issue, but it's worth a try.

Another reason is when you have cylinders or spheres just touching each others along a point or a line, particularly in 3D, you get then easily degenerated mesh structures. One should always design such that the same domain i.e. a spiral coils is not touching itself, the windings should be slightly separated.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it is related to you mesh, often it comes when you have some very small features and side by side some larger structures, then COMSOL might have issues to link smoothly the mesh from the fine region to the gross region. But its not possible to say more, it's too model dependent, we would need to see the geometry and the mesh to be able to give more ways to get around such errors. You might try to make the mesh finer or even extra fine, particularly if you can specify some domains around the coordinates proposed, but then you might end up with a RAM and mesh size issue, but it's worth a try. Another reason is when you have cylinders or spheres just touching each others along a point or a line, particularly in 3D, you get then easily degenerated mesh structures. One should always design such that the same domain i.e. a spiral coils is not touching itself, the windings should be slightly separated. -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.