Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Tonpilz Transducer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Has any one done analysis of tonpilz transducer using comsol? If so, how is this matching with the fabricated transducer? I tried in various versions of comsol both in 2D and 3D but didn't get good results. If any one working in this field could help me to fix the problem?

2 Replies Last Post 11 feb 2016, 03:58 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 1 feb 2016, 08:55 GMT-5
Yes, COMSOL is used for modeling tonpilz transducers. You will find several good links by searching for "tonpilz" on our site:
www.comsol.com/search/?s=tonpilz
Best regards,
Jeff
Yes, COMSOL is used for modeling tonpilz transducers. You will find several good links by searching for "tonpilz" on our site: http://www.comsol.com/search/?s=tonpilz Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 11 feb 2016, 03:58 GMT-5
Dear Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I have already seen the model what u referred. My question was has any body fabricated tonpilz transducer based on comsol analysis results? if so how far it is matching with comsol results. I tried to model a tonpilz which I have already fabricated, but I couldn't get the results in comsol! In fact we are one of the licensed users in India and we contacted the local reps. but could not fix it fully!!
Still I am struggling. Can u help me?

Regards,

I R Abisekaraj
Naval Science & Technological Laboratory
Visakhapatnam,
India
Dear Jeff, Thanks for your reply. I have already seen the model what u referred. My question was has any body fabricated tonpilz transducer based on comsol analysis results? if so how far it is matching with comsol results. I tried to model a tonpilz which I have already fabricated, but I couldn't get the results in comsol! In fact we are one of the licensed users in India and we contacted the local reps. but could not fix it fully!! Still I am struggling. Can u help me? Regards, I R Abisekaraj Naval Science & Technological Laboratory Visakhapatnam, India

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.