Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Port geometry and assignment for dipole antenna (half wavelength)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using V4. I want to know what geometry entity to use for port assignment. In comsol tutorial they used rectangle for v3.5
Here in v4 when I try to assign a port to the same rectangle , it simply unavailable for assignment.

Please help

Irfan

2 Replies Last Post 13 ott 2010, 04:19 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 ott 2010, 02:06 GMT-4
Hi

it would make life easier for us out here, to better udnerstand your case, that you could also provide, not only the version, but the physics and some more info about the model.
For the version and the phyiscs, pls use the new options below this would allow us all to easier sort the threads for quicker search.

I find them usefull, but I notice nobody bothers, sad as it would help us all in 2-3 months when we would like to find back something

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it would make life easier for us out here, to better udnerstand your case, that you could also provide, not only the version, but the physics and some more info about the model. For the version and the phyiscs, pls use the new options below this would allow us all to easier sort the threads for quicker search. I find them usefull, but I notice nobody bothers, sad as it would help us all in 2-3 months when we would like to find back something -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 ott 2010, 04:19 GMT-4
Thanks Ivar it is V4 RF module. I want to driven a half wave length dipole antenna. The question is for having lumped port as source, What geometric entity is most suitable. I tried assigning rectangle as it was in V3.5 tutorial, but I wonder in V4 that in the port menu, surfaces are not available for assignment, rather a solid may be used.
Now the solid has multiple faces, so if one face is assigned a port, what is the role of other?

Hope this may clarify something
Thanks Ivar it is V4 RF module. I want to driven a half wave length dipole antenna. The question is for having lumped port as source, What geometric entity is most suitable. I tried assigning rectangle as it was in V3.5 tutorial, but I wonder in V4 that in the port menu, surfaces are not available for assignment, rather a solid may be used. Now the solid has multiple faces, so if one face is assigned a port, what is the role of other? Hope this may clarify something

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.