Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing error when changing length of model - Internal error in boundary respecting

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm using microfluidics to model a 3-layer device - when the device is 10mm in length, the physics-controlled mesh works fine, but when I lengthen the device (which I need to be able to do), I receive the following error.
"Failed to respect boundary element edge on geometry face ... Internal error in boundary respecting."

I've looked up the problem and it seems like you can increase the fineness of the mesh (currently trying this) but of course this will cost computation time. I've also read about manual meshing - would it make the most sense to make a finer mesh on my smaller surfaces and then a coarser mesh on the larger ones? I'm just not entirely sure where to start with this.

Please let me know if you have any advice on how to solve this type of meshing problem. Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post 21 feb 2016, 21:36 GMT-5

Posted: 8 years ago 21 feb 2016, 19:42 GMT-5
Can anybody please help me with this? I'm continuing to have this same issue. When I try to upload my model here I receive a 'file size error.' Currently I've tried adding a 'size' and 'free tetrahedral' node to mesh my thinner domain, but when I try to build the mesh I receive the error "Boundary Mesh must consist of triangular elements only" and I don't understand why this is happening at all.
Can anybody please help me with this? I'm continuing to have this same issue. When I try to upload my model here I receive a 'file size error.' Currently I've tried adding a 'size' and 'free tetrahedral' node to mesh my thinner domain, but when I try to build the mesh I receive the error "Boundary Mesh must consist of triangular elements only" and I don't understand why this is happening at all.

Posted: 8 years ago 21 feb 2016, 21:36 GMT-5
Here is a link to my model
drive.google.com/file/d/0B01RdLx6utUSNUNYUVZ5U1hGRnc/view?usp=sharing

- if anyone could please look at it and help me figure out how to get a mesh to form I would be so grateful. I am just not very familiar with 3D meshing or knowing what to do in the GUI and while I've been reading lots of posts about people who solved similar problems, I haven't been able to do the same.

Thank you.
Here is a link to my model https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01RdLx6utUSNUNYUVZ5U1hGRnc/view?usp=sharing - if anyone could please look at it and help me figure out how to get a mesh to form I would be so grateful. I am just not very familiar with 3D meshing or knowing what to do in the GUI and while I've been reading lots of posts about people who solved similar problems, I haven't been able to do the same. Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.