Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Numerical study of laminar natural convection inside square enclosure with single horizontal fin

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All
While validating a paper based on Numerical study of laminar natural convection inside square
enclosure with single horizontal fin, I am not being able to get results and visualization (attached in file).
I have chosen Laminar flow(spf) and Heat transfer in Fluid as my governing fluid.
Every time when I am trying to obtain Stream line contour plots or Isothermal lines , The lines cross over the horizontal fin inside the cavity.
Can somebody help in obtaining the exact visualization .
Thank You

2 Replies Last Post 5 mar 2016, 00:09 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 3 mar 2016, 17:31 GMT-5
Hello Shantanu,
For users of the Discussion Forum to be able to chime in with useful feedback on your work, please consider providing additional information on the modeling assumptions made in the paper you are trying to reproduce on the one hand, and your .mph file on the other hand.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Shantanu, For users of the Discussion Forum to be able to chime in with useful feedback on your work, please consider providing additional information on the modeling assumptions made in the paper you are trying to reproduce on the one hand, and your .mph file on the other hand. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 5 mar 2016, 00:09 GMT-5
Dear Jeff
I am enclosing the complete report for you which I had solved.
Also I am uploading the Paper which I am actually trying to Validate by COMSOL(Please refer to Page 43, 45 only).
The Visualization is not as per the Paper enclosed .
Basically I am trying to separate the fin and cavity for the results, but I am solving NS equations for both fluid and the fin.

Thanking you
Dear Jeff I am enclosing the complete report for you which I had solved. Also I am uploading the Paper which I am actually trying to Validate by COMSOL(Please refer to Page 43, 45 only). The Visualization is not as per the Paper enclosed . Basically I am trying to separate the fin and cavity for the results, but I am solving NS equations for both fluid and the fin. Thanking you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.