Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid mixing in micro mixer

Khondker Muzaddid Haider

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am working on a project and in one part I have use Comsol. This is the first time I am using Comsol and badly need some guidance.

I am working with a micro mixer where I have mix two fluids. In brief, first I want to fill all the channels of the mixer with DI water at a rate of 5 µl/min through inlet one and when all the channels are filled the flow is halted. Then I want to flow a higher index liquid (highly concentrated CaCl2 solution) again at a rate of 5µl/min through the second inlet. So water will be replaced by the solution of cacl2 but it will not be replaced abruptly. There will be a period of transition and the mixer will maintain a homogeneous mix of the two liquids during this period. As a result with time, change of concentration will occur. I want to monitor this change of concentration on a period of 50 second.

Being a new user I am a bit confused which physics should I use and how to couple them in time dependent condition. Any suggestion or advice in order to express my logic properly in Comsol will be great.

Thanks in advance
Haider

0 Replies Last Post 19 mar 2016, 07:01 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Khondker Muzaddid Haider

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.