Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multiple Frequencies Input

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have made a model using electromagnetic heating in which I calculated the heat produced due to electromagnetic wave flux using single frequency input. Due to memory limitations set by maximum mesh size in this case, I used 10*10 um xy dimensions whereas the original are 5*5 cm. My questions are
(a) How can I use multiple frequencies as input to calculate collective heat produced?
(b) How can I add symmetry boundary conditions in xy dimensions?
Thanks

Regards

Hasan Ali

1 Reply Last Post 26 apr 2016, 17:39 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 26 apr 2016, 17:39 GMT-4
You can use frequency as parameter (Frq) sweep function for simulating multiple frequencies. However in heat transfer module you need to disable multi physics coupling and manually set the heat source in the heat transfer module as
sum(withsol('sol2',emw.Qh,setind(Frq,i)),i,1,No_frq)/No_frq
Keep in mind you need to replace solver tag 'sol2' with parametric solver tag.

No_frq is number of frequencies you sweeping.

Set two study separately for RF and heat transfer module.

Hope this help.
Sohan
You can use frequency as parameter (Frq) sweep function for simulating multiple frequencies. However in heat transfer module you need to disable multi physics coupling and manually set the heat source in the heat transfer module as sum(withsol('sol2',emw.Qh,setind(Frq,i)),i,1,No_frq)/No_frq Keep in mind you need to replace solver tag 'sol2' with parametric solver tag. No_frq is number of frequencies you sweeping. Set two study separately for RF and heat transfer module. Hope this help. Sohan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.