Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

perfect absorbtion no reflection of sound waves

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello folks!
im building a module using 2D pressure acoustic frequency domain. I've got stock at how to create a BOUNDARY which DO absorb the incident waves and DOES NOT reflect them. the boundary is internal. I don't think using PML will do the job because as I mentioned it should be boundary, also I need this boundary to act as a "real boundary" but not factious..right?
I also tried using interior impedance and it did not work maybe because the sound plane waves do not incident normal to the surface which is curved? I also tried sound soft boundary and no luck. I might missed something or there is another way to do it right? any feed back will be apreciated

0 Replies Last Post 5 mag 2016, 19:26 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mahmoud Yaqoub

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.