Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inlet pressure boundary condition not allowing COMSOL to converge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

In my simulation (file attached here), I'm modeling a slight variation of the 2D axi-symmetric 'stirrer in a cylinder' situation, which is on COMSOL model library.
In my variation, there is applied pressure on the top of the cylinder in which the stirrer rotates. Below the cylinder-stirrer setup is a highly impermeable layer (modeled by Brinkmann equation) through which the fluid has to pass.
This is a simulation of a lab setup, so I know that the applied pressure at the top is usually 4 bar. The outlet below the membrane is open to atmosphere (so the fluid has to pass though the cylinder, through the, membrane and then the open outlet) .

However the pressure boundary condition at inlet does not allow comsol to converge.

I've seen this happen even in a simple pipe flow situation where beyond a certain max pressure, COMSOL can't converge.

Please provide me suggestions!

0 Replies Last Post 5 mag 2016, 23:19 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yagnaseni Roy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.