Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Different excitation loads in Frequency Response Analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Please, is it possible to assign different boundary loads to different excitation frequencies when using Frequency Response Aanlysis? At present all I am ble to do is apply a single load at multiple frequencies.

Many thanks

3 Replies Last Post 3 ago 2011, 17:18 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 nov 2010, 09:52 GMT-5
Hi

I have never tried it, but why not: normally the frequency sweep name is "freq" so why not use it to express a BC and test it out, take a simple case you are sure to understand.

And pls report back, interesting question ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have never tried it, but why not: normally the frequency sweep name is "freq" so why not use it to express a BC and test it out, take a simple case you are sure to understand. And pls report back, interesting question ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 nov 2010, 13:23 GMT-5
Hi,

No luck with the 'freq' command in the BC, even for a single load and single frequency. I only get results with a load value.

If you manage to get a solution, pls let me know.

Many thanks
Hi, No luck with the 'freq' command in the BC, even for a single load and single frequency. I only get results with a load value. If you manage to get a solution, pls let me know. Many thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 ago 2011, 17:18 GMT-4
Hi,

I am wondering if you got to solve your problem.

I am trying to model a pressurized pipe with a point load that acts as a source of vibration. I am not able to apply the pressure without the solver considering both the pressure and point load to be vibration sources.

Thanks,
Angel Suresh
Hi, I am wondering if you got to solve your problem. I am trying to model a pressurized pipe with a point load that acts as a source of vibration. I am not able to apply the pressure without the solver considering both the pressure and point load to be vibration sources. Thanks, Angel Suresh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.