Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Limit a variable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a relatively simple question that I couldn't find an answer for in the forums. I am using the General Form PDE mode to solve for a dependent variable, u. From the physics of the problem, I know that the value is between 0 and 1.
However, due to numerics, I obtain values higher and lower than the limits values.
I tried at least to put a lower limit, near 0 like 10^-6. Even with that i can see, in some cases that the variable u can be negative. Even with good BC set-up, i still got the same problem of unstability, or of
inconsistent value.
I also tried to put an other General Forme PDE to limit the variable, and as well a global constraint, without success.

Thanks for your help !

Regards,

Simon

0 Replies Last Post 26 mag 2016, 10:43 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Simon Reisz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.