Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What does outlet pressure boundary condition actually means?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

What it seems to me is that when I set an outlet pressure boundary condition as 1 atm then it means that the pressure just outside my domain is 1 atm. Consider, for example, a deflating balloon. While in full size (inflated), it has some pressure inside it, say 1.2 atm (outlet blocked) . So when I want it to deflate, I set my outlet pressure condition as 1 atm. In reality, this balloon, now, should deflate slowly until the pressure inside the balloon becomes equal to 1 atm. But, in COMSOL, the balloon deflates in no time, in a sense that the pressure of the whole air domain becomes 1 atm in no time. No matter, how much I inflate the balloon, whole of the air comes out within a fraction of second making the pressure of domain 1 atm.

So here I would like to clarify the following
-If I am using the right boundary condition?
-If not, then what is the right boundary condition?

I am using Fluid Structure Interaction Module for my simulation.

Regards
Sankarshan Verma

0 Replies Last Post 1 giu 2016, 06:48 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sankarshan Verma

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.