Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

comsol server matlab, log file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am running a comsol *.m file in a Matlab window.

I would like to know how to create a log file in order to see the time solver progress .

Thanks

Francois

8 Replies Last Post 7 feb 2014, 12:53 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Francois Guinot

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 feb 2011, 09:01 GMT-5
Any solution ?
Any solution ?

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 feb 2011, 03:51 GMT-5
Thanks to the Support, I have solved my problem. In V4.1, writing :

ModelUtil.showProgress(true);

displays an independent window with a progress bar and the log.
Thanks to the Support, I have solved my problem. In V4.1, writing : ModelUtil.showProgress(true); displays an independent window with a progress bar and the log.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 feb 2011, 07:02 GMT-5
Hi

thanks for the update, was'nt avare of that one ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi thanks for the update, was'nt avare of that one ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 feb 2011, 11:00 GMT-5
how to connect matlabR2010a to comsol v 4.1?
pls help.
Regards!!

deepak
how to connect matlabR2010a to comsol v 4.1? pls help. Regards!! deepak

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 feb 2011, 11:09 GMT-5
During Comsol installation, verify if livelink for matlab will be installed and then specify the Matlab set-up directory.
When the installation is done, you can run comsol with matlab.
On windows systems, just double click on "comsol 4.1 with matlab" in your programs menu.
On linux, if i remember the command line is :

comsol matlab
During Comsol installation, verify if livelink for matlab will be installed and then specify the Matlab set-up directory. When the installation is done, you can run comsol with matlab. On windows systems, just double click on "comsol 4.1 with matlab" in your programs menu. On linux, if i remember the command line is : comsol matlab

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 feb 2011, 11:09 GMT-5
During Comsol installation, verify if livelink for matlab will be installed and then specify the Matlab set-up directory.
When the installation is done, you can run comsol with matlab.
On windows systems, just double click on "comsol 4.1 with matlab" in your programs menu.
On linux, if i remember the command line is :

comsol matlab
During Comsol installation, verify if livelink for matlab will be installed and then specify the Matlab set-up directory. When the installation is done, you can run comsol with matlab. On windows systems, just double click on "comsol 4.1 with matlab" in your programs menu. On linux, if i remember the command line is : comsol matlab

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 feb 2011, 11:10 GMT-5
Hi

Check the KB for matlab, and the COMSOL installatin doc, there are several articles on the Forum too

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Check the KB for matlab, and the COMSOL installatin doc, there are several articles on the Forum too -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 feb 2014, 12:53 GMT-5
For future reference, if you use the command below:

ModelUtil.showProgress('filename');

the progress will output to 'filename'. This is particularly useful for Mac OS X because the progress bar is not supported.
For future reference, if you use the command below: ModelUtil.showProgress('filename'); the progress will output to 'filename'. This is particularly useful for Mac OS X because the progress bar is not supported.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.