Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

s1p/s2p files in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding the s1p, s2p, s3p... file formats. Does COMSOL allow us to read or write these kinds of files? How can I write a s1p or s2p file in COMSOL.

2 Replies Last Post 16 giu 2016, 07:10 GMT-4
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 16 giu 2016, 03:08 GMT-4
Hi

I guess you are looking for Touchstone file export? This (and other things) are explained on this page that also has a link to an example model:

www.comsol.com/blogs/simulation-tools-for-solving-wave-electromagnetics-problems/

--
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi I guess you are looking for Touchstone file export? This (and other things) are explained on this page that also has a link to an example model: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/simulation-tools-for-solving-wave-electromagnetics-problems/ -- Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark

Posted: 8 years ago 16 giu 2016, 07:10 GMT-4
Thank you Lars. That was helpful. I have another question though, lets say I have a .s2p file and I want to use it with my COMSOL file, lets say a dipole antenna. So lets assume my .s2p file contains the s-parameters for a separately designed balun and I have designed an antenna in COMSOL, now, I would like to compute the overall s-parameters of the whole system. Is that possible? If this might be too confusing, I simply wanna ask, can we read .s2p files in COMSOL?

Thank you.
Thank you Lars. That was helpful. I have another question though, lets say I have a .s2p file and I want to use it with my COMSOL file, lets say a dipole antenna. So lets assume my .s2p file contains the s-parameters for a separately designed balun and I have designed an antenna in COMSOL, now, I would like to compute the overall s-parameters of the whole system. Is that possible? If this might be too confusing, I simply wanna ask, can we read .s2p files in COMSOL? Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.