Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Expression for eigenfrequencies

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to use the first, second and third eigenfrequencies of a structure as variables in an optimization objective function.
The expression 'solid.freq' returns a table with a number of frequencies. How can I distinguish between those?
I would guess I am looking for something like: 'solid.freq(1)', 'solid.freq(2)', 'solid.freq(3)', but this is not the right expression to address the values which I am looking for.

Any help would be appreciated!

Martijn

2 Replies Last Post 8 lug 2016, 09:50 GMT-4
François Mandias COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 20 giu 2016, 07:05 GMT-4
Dear Martijn,

Please address your post directly to: support@comsol.com

Best,
François
Dear Martijn, Please address your post directly to: support@comsol.com Best, François

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 8 lug 2016, 09:50 GMT-4
You can use the with(,) operator, see www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/115781
Jeff
You can use the with(,) operator, see https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/115781 Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.