Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to get oscillatory motion of fluid inside a pipe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am new to COMSOL and I am trying to model an oscillatory motion of the fluid inside a pipe. For the ease of computation, it is assumed that the pipe is filled with just the liquid. In reality, it is a multi-phase flow having pipe space half filled with liquid and rest with vapor. I want to know how can I get the fluid to oscillate with a certain oscillating frequency? What can be the inlet and outlet conditions to get the oscillatory motion?
I am trying to give pulsating pressure conditions at the inlet and outlet. But I am not sure how can I get the exact wave form in this case. Any input in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 21 giu 2016, 16:27 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sajiree Vaidya

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.