Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to use wall distance interface in modules other than CFD

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone.

I just learnt wall distance interface in COMSOL Blog. I think it is very useful in defining the properties of materials when surface effect plays an important role, such as the electric field and voltage in a bulk metal. But it seems that this interface is only available in CFD and microfluidics module. How can I use it in other modules?

Many thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 23 giu 2016, 20:29 GMT-4
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 23 giu 2016, 04:07 GMT-4
Hello,

The Wall Distance interface, found under Mathematics in the Model Wizard and the Add Physics window, is generally available and does not require any module.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hello, The Wall Distance interface, found under Mathematics in the Model Wizard and the Add Physics window, is generally available and does not require any module. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 8 years ago 23 giu 2016, 20:29 GMT-4

Hello,

The Wall Distance interface, found under Mathematics in the Model Wizard and the Add Physics window, is generally available and does not require any module.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Found it. Many thanks.
[QUOTE] Hello, The Wall Distance interface, found under Mathematics in the Model Wizard and the Add Physics window, is generally available and does not require any module. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL [/QUOTE] Found it. Many thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.