Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fourier's space - Cristallography with Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi ,

I have exactly the same problem of Maria (his question is after my text)...I think that the answer for this topic will allow to help me also in my problem. Has somebody a solution to compute The Fourier's transform of a function depending on three spatial variable (x,y,z) in one direction only (for example the direction z) ?

Here the old topic posted by Maria :

Thank you for your help.

Antony

Hello everybody,

We try since one week to perform Fourier's transform of a spatial-function along the direction "z" only.
We mean, we have a function f(x,y,z) first performed by COMSOL (it is the solution of a PDE...) depending on the spatial variables x, y, z. We would like to obtain Fourier's transform of this function only along the z-direction [i.e. f(x,y,z)-------TF------> f(x,y,q) = \int_{-infinity}^{+infinity} f(x,y,z)*exp(q*z) dz ].

- COMSOL can perform this calculation ? I think that I have to draw a new axis "z" (to perform this integration) but really I do not know how draw this axis from - infinity to + infinity !!
- Have you some solutions to perform this calculation ? Unfortunately this problem is not treated in COMSOL's book.

Thank you for your help !

Maria and Nils

P.S. This discussion has been already posted by Nils two days ago but no answer has been given...
Thus, I restarted the discussion now hoping an answer this time...

1 Reply Last Post 4 dic 2010, 11:22 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 dic 2010, 11:22 GMT-5
Hi,

I would say that exporting your results/model to matlab would be helpful for you. You can perform FT and FFT in matlab.

Good luck
Hi, I would say that exporting your results/model to matlab would be helpful for you. You can perform FT and FFT in matlab. Good luck

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.