Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle tracing problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

When I try to track particles in a 2D separation device, particles with a diameter larger than the inlet width can somehow pass through. I set it to 1 particle to enter uniformly distributed at a certain time. How is this possible and what am I doing wrong. I make use of two seperate studies, in the first I compute my laminar flow with a diluted species. In the second one I solve particle tracking (in the solver configurations of study 2 I select 'values of variables not solved for' and select study 1 in the drop down menu).

Best regards

1 Reply Last Post 13 lug 2016, 07:07 GMT-4
François Mandias COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 13 lug 2016, 07:07 GMT-4
Dear Emiel,

Please address you post directly to: support@comsol.com

Best,
François Mandias
Dear Emiel, Please address you post directly to: support@comsol.com Best, François Mandias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.