Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export data from specified region

Gerard Planes Conangla

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm using COMSOL to solve the Laplace equation. I want to do a data export, using the regular grid format. However, I'm only interested in exporting a small domain (a "rectangle") of the solution, where all the interesting physics take place.

I would imagine that this can be done somehow but I haven't been able to find any way so far.

1 Reply Last Post 13 lug 2016, 06:32 GMT-4
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 13 lug 2016, 06:32 GMT-4
You can use Grid instead of Regular grid. Then you have to specify the evaluation points yourself; use the range() operator or the Range button to the right of the edit fields.
You can use Grid instead of Regular grid. Then you have to specify the evaluation points yourself; use the range() operator or the Range button to the right of the edit fields.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.