Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Derive values from built in functions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

i would like to do the following:
i want to know the area-average value of, lets say acoustic pressure (acpr.p_t) in a domain and then subtract it from another area-average value of this value in a domain.

What are the names of the functions for that (sth like integrate(integrate(acpr.Lp,x,0,5),y,0,5)/(5*5) does not work...), so i can use it in "variables"?
How can i combine it later? Using Global evaluation?

Greetings!

Okay, got it. Pretty easy, anyway, for others: You have to use the "domain probe" under definitions and evaluate it using global evaluation.

0 Replies Last Post 13 ago 2016, 12:27 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello E Sing

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.