Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Induction heating of a cylinder

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey guys ,
I am trying to simulate the induction heating of a cylinder in 3D, using an imported coil with quite a complicated geometry. The problem is, that every time I try to solve it, COMSOL Multiphysics gets stuck after analysing the coil geometry. I also tried to solve easier models with just a helix as a coil, but when I added an air domain around the model it did not work either. Without the air it worked, but this will not result in any induction heating in the cylinder of course. The only node I added to the model so far (because I wanted to keep it simple at the beginning) is the coil node, with the "single conductor" option. Has anybody had a similar problem or maybe an idea what I did wrong?
I added the model below, it is in german, but I think the simbols are still the same.
I hope somebody may help me!
BW Margit

0 Replies Last Post 22 ago 2016, 14:17 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Margit Kranner

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.